ASMG offers a wide range of stainless steel alloys that are ideal for use in marine applications. Stainless steel is a popular choice due to its excellent resistance to corrosion, durability, and versatility. Some of the most commonly used stainless steel alloys for marine applications include:
- 316 Stainless Steel: This austenitic stainless steel is one of the most widely used in marine applications due to its excellent corrosion resistance and high strength. It is commonly used in marine hardware, pump and valve components, and marine exhaust systems.
- 2205 Duplex Stainless Steel: This stainless steel alloy offers excellent resistance to corrosion and high strength, making it a popular choice for marine applications such as seawater desalination equipment, propeller shafts, and heat exchangers.
- 2507 Super Duplex Stainless Steel: This high-performance stainless steel alloy offers exceptional resistance to corrosion and high strength, making it well-suited for marine applications in harsh environments.
In addition to stainless steel, ASMG offers a diverse range of other alloys that are well-suited for marine applications. Some of the other alloys include:
- HASTELLOY®: This family of nickel-based alloys is well-suited for use in harsh marine environments and offers excellent resistance to corrosion and high-temperature applications. Some of the most commonly used HASTELLOY® alloys in marine applications include C-276 and C-22.
- INCONEL®: Inconel 625 offers exceptional resistance to pitting and crevice corrosion, high corrosion-fatigue strength, high tensile strength, and resistance to chloride-ion stress-corrosion cracking. This versatile alloy is an ideal choice for marine applications, including wire rope, propeller blades, propulsion motors, and sheathing for undersea communication cables. Its unmatched durability and performance have made it a staple in the marine industry..
- TITANIUM: This lightweight and durable metal is ideal for use in marine applications, such as propeller shafts, heat exchangers, and seawater desalination equipment. Some of the most commonly used titanium alloys in marine applications include Grade 2 and Grade 5.
At ASMG, our alloys are engineered to deliver superior performance in the most demanding marine applications, ensuring maximum durability and reliability. We offer a wide range of alloys that are well-suited for use in marine environments. Get in touch with our expert team and they can help you select the right alloy for your specific application.