Pollution Control and Waste Processing
Pollution control and waste processing industries require materials that can withstand harsh environments, high temperatures, and corrosive chemicals. Stainless steel and nickel alloys are the materials of choice for these applications due to their excellent mechanical and corrosion-resistant properties. Below, we will discuss various high-performing alloys used in pollution control and waste processing and how ASMG can meet your needs.
Stainless Steel Alloys:
- 304/304L Stainless Steel: This grade of stainless steel is one of the most commonly used materials in pollution control and waste processing industries. It is resistant to most chemicals and can withstand temperatures up to 1500°F. Additionally, it has excellent welding and fabrication properties.
- 316/316L Stainless Steel: This grade of stainless steel is similar to 304/304L, but with added molybdenum, which enhances its corrosion resistance. It is also resistant to pitting and crevice corrosion in chloride environments.
- 317L Stainless Steel: This grade of stainless steel has higher resistance to corrosion and pitting compared to 304/304L and 316/316L. It is an excellent material for pollution control and waste processing industries that handle highly corrosive chemicals such as sulfuric acid, hydrochloric acid, and phosphoric acid.
- Inconel 600: This nickel alloy is resistant to high-temperature corrosion and oxidation. It has excellent mechanical properties and can be used in applications that require high strength at elevated temperatures. Inconel 600 is commonly used in the production of pollution control and waste processing equipment, such as scrubbers and heat exchangers.
- Inconel 625: This nickel alloy is known for its excellent resistance to corrosion and high-temperature oxidation. It is also highly resistant to pitting, crevice corrosion, and intergranular attack. Inconel 625 is used in the production of equipment such as heat exchangers, scrubbers, and pollution control systems.
- Hastelloy C-276: This nickel alloy is highly resistant to a wide range of corrosive chemicals, including sulfuric acid, hydrochloric acid, and chlorine. It also has excellent resistance to pitting and crevice corrosion. Hastelloy C-276 is commonly used in the production of pollution control and waste processing equipment.
ASMG is a leading supplier of high-performing alloys for pollution control and waste processing industries. We offer various forms, including pipe, tube sheet, plate, bar, and pipe fittings, and our materials are available in various grades, including the ones mentioned above.
We pride ourselves on providing high-quality materials that meet our customers’ needs. Our materials are tested and certified to ensure they meet the highest quality standards. Additionally, our team of experts can help you select the best material for your application based on your specific needs. Contact us today!